View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 05:11 PM   #3
Krylon32

Default Re: 1932 Ford 5W United Pacific Quality

I got my UPAC body from Dick Spadaro back when they first came out and it was apparently a body that was assembled overseas. The body line where the top met the body was going to have to be separated, straightened and rewelded as it was extremely crooked. Where the rear quarter windows were welded to the top was going to need the same treatment and finally the area where the top of the cowl attaches to the front quarters looked like they took a mig and burned the seam together. The door fit and trunk fit were very good and the over all sheet metal was straight. I was very disappointed after waiting so long. I chose not to spend the money to fix the body and moved it on. I have since seen bodies assembled in the US that have been much better. My experience when I contacted them about the body problems was a minimal response with no resolution. My experience with their parts in repairing an original body I have now has been good as everything seems to fit. If I were to ever buy another body I would go to California for a hands on viewing.

Last edited by Krylon32; 12-04-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Krylon32 is offline   Reply With Quote