View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:11 AM   #20
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 1 Fly wheel 2 PP thread bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbrucew View Post
Make a template and rotate it 60 degrees, redrill and tap. Good as new.
Bruce

Now that's funny! Is a cardboard template good enough? I guess using the pressure plate itself would complicate matters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
As Ronnie indicated Helicoils r certified repair for threads in aircraft & aerospace industry so gotta b good for old fords

Now there's a perfect example of some good ol' MSM-like obfuscation. What Ronnie "indicates" ain't necessarily the WHOLE story for ALL parts in flyin' flivvers and space ships. With your mind seemingly made-up, I'm not sure why you even wasted your time asking for advice here to begin with. Just try VERY hard to imagine the scary stuff going-on inside that clutch housing with that flywheel/clutch spinnin' at even 2,500 RPMs. THEN try to imagine the tremendous multi-directional forces and loads imposed on those six, lousy 5/16" bolts screwed-into Helicoils when ya raise the RPMs to four grand and enthusiastically engage the clutch! GOOD LUCK, ol' buddy! I wish ya the best!! Just remember what deuce_roadster indicated....used flywheels are NOT hard to round-up. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote