View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 09:48 AM   #27
Flathead Youngin'

Default Re: Warning - Sophisticated Scammer Trolling the Want Adds

Dang man, what a scumbag!

So, it looks like he typically sees a want ad, you've posted your phone number and he calls claiming to have the parts?

We all like to think we are good at spotting a wolf in sheep's clothing but some actually are masters and even learn the lingo we speak.

I got took for about $350 this past summer, I'm embarrassed to say. I work with a guy that had some stuff I wanted to buy. Long story short, somehow I had the wrong number in my phone for him and thought I was texting the guy I work with. All along, he would say he has what I'm looking for, I'd send him $100 and he'd say he'd bring it to work tomorrow. I'd ask what else he had for sale...he'd name tools or guns and I sent him more money. There were red flags but because I had him in my phone, my trust was 100%.....I had no recourse through PayPal....

I never even mentioned it to the guy at work. I got his real number and started texting him. The texts had a completely different persona and feel to them.

Moral of the story, don't put the wrong number in your phone......I feel stupid for even saying that!