Thread: Rain
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2020, 06:36 AM   #16
SAJ

Default Re: Rain

We use our standard roadster rain or shine. I never put my front side curtain on except when parked. My wife's one goes on because she hates getting damp. We use the rear side curtains in rain though.
I put black poly tape on both lower windscreen corners if it rains just to stop a few drops creeping through and remove when the rain stops. Wind wings keep most of the rain out of my side, except the bottom corner where it blows in.
We keep microfiber cloths in the cabin for wiping up drips and keeping the screen clear inside. I tie a damp one of these round the bottom wind wing pivot on my side, hanging outside the door and blowing about like a flag until the rain soaks it. After this no more rain comes in onto me.
Rainex is on the screen and the vacuum wipers keep the outside clean when required. In snow they can stick, so I use the inside manual handle to move them when stuck or they stall on steep hills.
On long trips in storms the flapping roof gets damp inside and can flick some tiny drops about a bit as it strikes the canvas straps. But nothing to really get upset about.
We wear rain jackets and my wife has an old towel on her lap. Nothing comes up through the floor except in rivers and fords and feet do not get wet.
In cold winds I do protect my window-side ear with a hat etc (right ear in NZ) to prevent ear ache after a few hundred miles with no side curtain on my side.
The 31Tudor has the screen permanently open on the first notch. To stop night reflections. Not enough rain comes into bother us.
SAJ in NZ
SAJ is offline   Reply With Quote