View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #15
hardtimes

Default Re: '35 Ford rims on Model A's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Man they sure are popular. Today's MAFCA 'A' of the Day (8-1-2017) has a group of guys touring out in the NW and all five A's have '35 rims

I don't have a problem with that, it's a bolt-on and no different than all the Mustangs and Chevelles and the like back in '69 that were running Cragar S/S's doesn't take away from the value of the car.

Just got me to thinking that there should be a plentiful supply of GOOD '35 Ford rims about. Ford sold a million new cars in '35 it was a stellar year for them even with a Depression still lingering on. Bolt pattern same as Model A and you don't have the weird sizes of say a '32 Ford with 18" tires and rims.
actually prefer the stock look with stock rims and tires myself but I'm mostly stock still have most of my original parts What say you guys?? Comments??

http://www.mafca.com/photos/CoverCar.jpg
Hey Jeff,
Well, there's a LOT more to it than just the idea of popularity.
Admittedly , the '35 wires do look good, particularly the 40 Kelsey bent spokes.
However, they have much more rubber where it meets the road and that makes for better braking. Besides safety, the tires are much more available and in steel belted configurations, if wanted for added safety..your choice, and choice is good

Last edited by hardtimes; 08-01-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote