Thread: Cost of Paint
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
skip
Banned

Default Re: Cost of Paint

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Look towards PPG paint. Might be cheaper. It's not the paint but rather the ridiculous amounts of hoops, bells and whistles that hamper paint formulators and paperwork that go into making the paint imposed by the EPA both at the State level and the Federal level that costs so much. If there is anyway to make anything cost more it's the liberal do gooders that can do it. And of course it's never anyone else's money, it's always yours! You make a drum or RR tank car of paint, you got to live with it forever!

For maximuim Dollar Effiency [read cheap] I sprayed my 1957 CJ 3A Jeep with Rust-Oleum red oxide primer and red top coat. It's an enamel that lays down smooth as a babies butt. As long as it not a water base paint nor a poly---anything paint. I want paint. Not some space age newbie stuff.

RUST-OLEUM
Rust-oleum is a manufacturer of problem solving paint systems, designed for virtually all substrates.
Rust-oleum is regarded by 96% of Americans as the number 1 rust preventative paint and the
provider of advance problem solving paint solutions.

There is an extensive selection of topcoats available in RAL, BS 4800 and NCS colour ranges. These
performance coatings can be applied direct to rust and metal without the need to use separate
primers. Many of the products are available in both tin and aerosol offering better performance, greater
spread rates, covering power and longer lasting protection than alternative paint brands currently
on sale in the UK.

Rust-oleum has developed a large range of primers with anti-corrosive and special adhesion properties allowing users to take advantage of the
considerable technology Rustoleum have developed since 1921. Today Rustoleum also produce Hygiene coatings, Anti- graffiti protection, roof
paint, cladding paint, floor coatings and special adhesion primers for power floated floors.

skip.

Last edited by skip; 05-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote