View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 06:05 PM   #24
John Dayhuff

Default Re: Cannot get the quail back on

Ok now I've got a problem with mine and I can't figure this out. I've been taking the entire lock ring off the radiator each time I was checking the water level even though I knew that the quail itself should spin and tilt back but mine didn't and I was fine with that. This is an original so didn't want to force anything. So I go to check it yesterday and I can't turn anything...., finally the quail itself comes off the ring and then I had to put some pretty good pressure on the ring itself to get it off the radiator which like I said above, I never had to do that before as the whole thing came off pretty easily, ring and all. I see the two screws and I under stand how to reattach it to the radiator but I think mine is corroded to the point that the little stops that are supposed to keep those two tabs from spinning around and around as you tighten the screws, I think there pretty much corroded off and gone forever. Anyways, here's my question, how does the quail attach to the ring and still be able to pivot and stay on the ring?

Thanks,