Thread: Lion Speed Head
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Lion Speed Head

Hummm.........

Let me see if I can say this with a straight face. No seriously! Stop THAT!!

<gasp> OK, ... I guess it depends on what your goals are with the "Lyin' Head". If you want to impress someone who knows nothing about Model A's, then 'Go For It' and use it. If you want to make the front bumper on your 'A' sit lower to the ground due to weight of that head, then use it. Maybe yours will not have any casting issues either.

You will likely find that an across the board comparison will find the all-around drivability issues better with something other than the "Lyin' Head". I owned one and it detonated, ...was WAY to heavy, and IMHO (and that of some other speed gurus) has the spark plug placement in the wrong location. Based on my seat-of-the-pants evaluation, the better uses for one would be as a door stop or to anchor the boat out in the middle of the lake. Naturally you should speak with other 'banger gurus' who have many years of experience with making horsepower with a banger engine to get their opinion and feedback! I really hate to say much about it for fear someone might get the impression I was dissatisfied with mine. I would like to know how many people out there are still the original purchasers of their Lion head! THAT may be the real indicator since I believe you don't find too many people who tried a Brumfield, or a Price or Snyders head and then took them off!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)