View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #13
Young Blood

Default Re: Ford Model A Camshaft Inspection and Evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiskai View Post
Hard to see b/c the attachment is so small, but it's a start. What we've got here is that your engine has obviously sat for years and would need a complete restoration, but it's not clear either that you intend to do that restoration or that you even could. So if the goal of this video series is just "I'm taking this engine down piece by piece and I'm just going to talk you through what I find"... that's a legit topic, but take it seriously. Don't just toss off "here's this part, I dunno what it's called." Think through what you're doing to hold the audience's interest. Why are they watching?

Valid point and I appreciate it. I'll definitely make a point to get labels and names for everything ahead of time. I've also started loosening some pieces beforehand too, just because how loud the drill gets.

I think that's what my goal is, basically I'm tearing it apart and let's see what we find. I find in a lot of videos, especially regarding older engines, there's not much info to things to expect ahead of time (dowels, pins, clips, etc.) as well as there'll be videos that are geared more towards professional machinists or require expensive tools. I'd like to lean closer to the "backyard mechanic" I guess you'd call it.

Again, I appreciate your constructive criticism. Thanks!
Young Blood is offline   Reply With Quote