View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 07:10 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Ford Model A Camshaft Inspection and Evaluation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
Hey guys, I've been making videos documenting my process working through my 1931 Ford Model A engine. In this one, I break down the camshaft.

Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/dScpz6dvEQA
I watched it last night but honestly chose not to respond. Since you felt compelled to bring it back up, I will try to be as kind as possible. My first turn-off was when I read your opening title about tearing sh** up. While I realize that word is common in a younger generation, in many of your viewers minds, it is considered an offensive term. In other words, if you typically would not use that word in front of your preacher during church, then it is likely considered offensive by some.

Next, you showed a camshaft and then used someone else’s text to describe your own camshaft. You mentioned pitting but did not discuss the hardening process nor did you show how to use a micrometer to verify lobe wear. At that point you should have given the specifications so your viewers could compare their own.

I might also add that I briefly watched your video on how to remove a oil pump. Your information on removing the valve cover and then the lower distributer shaft before removing the oil pump had me shaking my head. I did not want to leave a thumbs-down or a critical comment on your videos, so I just closed the videos and the channel.

If you want my opinion, turn your channel into a ‘follow along’ channel instead of a ‘how to’ channel. Experience should be the prerequisite for any ‘how to’ segment. If the content provider has not had several past personal experiences to pull from prior to instructing others, the likelihood that they will be spreading false information in almost inevitable. We all know that is out of control on the Model-A social media pages. Again, while I applaud you for your efforts in being a content provider, my suggestions are to forget about your channel being a how-to place and more of a follow-along channel. Otherwise, find you several knowledgeable advisors who have the credentials to be knowledgeable advisors.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote