View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #12
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Begging to be a hot rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannL View Post
After thousands of dollars and several hundred hours over the last year my car is begging to be a hot rod. Drover to work yesterday with no problems. And as I was leaving work to come home 500 foot down the road she died without a sputter. This has happened a number of times over the last year and it's always been something different. I just think it's funny how much she's begging to be a hot rod. I'm scoping out of 283 right now and I think it will fit perfectly. :-)
I have both hot rodded model A's and a "stock" model A. I'm still working out the bugs in the stock car and have only put 1000 miles on it but find it WAY more fun to drive than my hot rodded ones. We live 30 miles from the nearest town so every time I take it out it's 60 miles minimum. FWIW, a SBC will not "fit" without modifications. It's too long. You will have to either move the rad forward or recess the firewall. If you move the rad, you can't un a light bar or a hood, if you recess the firewall (4") you lose valuable leg room. Can you share some of the issues you've been dealing with??. Might give some of the experienced guys an idea of what's going on.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote