View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 12:43 PM   #306
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
The names in this story are phoney.

Bernie’s cheque bounced. How fortunate.

James had a flying training and charter business at a local airport. Retirement was on his mind when a bloke named Bernie arrived to set up in competition. What started as a worry for James turned to a Godsend, or it seemed at the time. Bernie decided he'd buy James’s business. Following negotiation an agreement was formed. James took a 10K deposit, hitched his caravan to his ute and left for the outback.
James got to Oodnadatta and back into mobile phone coverage. He calls his accountant back home to check all was going well with the sale. No it wasn’t. Bernie had no money, not enough to pay James or anyone else for that matter. He was bust, bankrupt. What a blow for James. Or was it? It turned out most fortunate. Liquidators got involved and they are sharks. About the worst kind. Should that cheque have been honoured they, the liquidators, would have taken possession of James’s business including aeroplanes and hangar which would have been Bernie’s property now even though it was not fully payed for. James would have lost the lot. It was even suggested they would have demanded the deposit be returned.
I would have never considered that, would you? I sold my business on terms and sealed the deal with a handshake. I just chose to deal with honourable people. There are two reasons for that and I’ll tell you. Maybe tomorrow.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 10-25-2018 at 12:48 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote