View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #28
thebanjoman

Default Re: media blasting - special considerations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanjoman View Post
If I had a fence to go behind I'd do it. I have a hood and use a paint quality respirator. I know of the dangers of the dust and how much of a mess it makes.

I'll wait until air temps are in the 50s or below to tackle this. I have so much to do on this that I can keep going with the other aspects of the car till the temp makes it easier. I'll still see what prices I can get and will still do my rims and other small parts to see what works best.

I'm glad for the input I'm receiving here.
I've had the bodywork on hold for a while, too many things going on with family, health, and work.

I've found local powdercoating company that will blast the body for me at a reasonable rate. They do it by the hour, not the job ($75 /hr) . This sounds reasonable to me.

I have sent them a test, a mower deck I'm getting ready for spring and have been pleased with their work. I only had it blasted, not coated and it the work was good. I wanted to see what they can do before handing them the body. I know the metal for the deck was thicker, I wanted to see if I was happy with what they did before giving them the coupe body.

I've also spoken with others in the area who have had work done there (not recommendations from the company itself) and they were pleased with the work that was done for them.

Once I get the remaining screws out and the hardware off I should get them the body in March.

I'll give 'em a plug after its done and I see where i need to start patching.

Maybe.. One day...
thebanjoman is offline   Reply With Quote