Thread: A insurance?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM   #9
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: A insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
My current insurance company insures my A's just as they would any other car, but it's a little bit on the expensive side as far as I'm concerned. My '28 Sport Coupe costs $596 per year with a declared replacement cost of $10,000, while my '30 Cabriolet costs $683 with a RCV of $15,000. The beauty of it is; I can drive them anywhere, anytime. There are no restrictions.
When I first got my Sport Coupe I called one of the more popular antique car insurance companies (I wanna say J.C. Taylor?) and they had 100 questions for me about when and where I would be driving my A. They said I could only drive it in parades, or club functions, but I couldn't drive it to the store on an errand. I told them never mind, I'll find another way.
I don't put more than 1,500 miles on either one in a year though, or at least I haven't so far, so that's why I want to find a cheaper rate. But I want to be able to drive it whenever and wherever I choose.
I called AAA for a quote and they don't insure vehicles older than the 1950's.

So, I'll call some of the companies listed in this thread and see what I can come up with.
Call AAA back. The person you talked to didn't know what they were talking about. They are currently insuring my '32 as a street rod and I an sure they also handle antiques (at least they do in California). They have a special division for the old cars.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote