View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 12:22 PM   #3
Shiloh

Talking Re: Anyone interested in a video on how to make your own seat covers and interior pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelA29 View Post
Interested in the seat. I was going to do some snaps while I build one for my Coupe. I have a nice stock one in there now but I'm too tall/fat to enjoy the drive. My plan is one about 3-4" lower and 2-3" back. I'm also going to move the front edge back to the seat frame to help getting my big feet in.
I completely understand the struggle brother. I’m 5’ 9” toting 250 lbs and a size 11 shoe. When I ordered my seat springs from Snyders I got the lowered seat with a taller backrest. There’s a process to getting in and out of my pickup. If I hadn’t already had the seat springs ordered I would have went with foam.
I wondered why Henry would have made it so hard to get in and out of pickups and found that the average height of a man back in the thirties was 5’ 7” and weighed in at around 140 to 150 lbs. and the most common shoe size was a 7. So it’s not that the pickups were made small it’s that us Americans have got bigger. I personally blame my wife, cause I was as fit as an ox back before I met her. Something about all that good southern food she keeps putting in front of me has made my mid region swell up something fierce! Only fitness I get into now is fit’en-nis second biscuit into my mouth….
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote