View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 11:19 AM   #8
the cooch

Default Re: 29 Pickup for sale

Swoop it quick, or tell me where it’s at! Just kidding, but closed cab pickups are usually in wayyyyy worse shape than that one. The price is great even if it needs major mechanical work. I guess a closer inspection could reveal poorly done repairs in the past, but it sure looks clean from the pics.
Best to sit in there though and decide if you mind the poor visibility around you. I’m not cramped in mine but it definitely takes an extra measure of observation if I’m in any traffic at all. I suppose the interior is kinda sparse, compared to other closed cars, so it’s probably a little hotter and louder than a coupe or sedan, but if you’re used to pickup trucks, it’s just a fact, not a problem. In my opinion the CCPU’s are the best looking model A, but I think you’d have to really like them to drive one regularly.
Get a battery, drain the tank, shoot some carb cleaner through it, add some fresh gas, etc. (let us know if you need a more thorough list) and see if you can get it started where it’s at. Drive it around a little bit to see how you feel in there. It will sell easily if you don’t want it so don’t stress over helping your buddy, especially if you guys get it running. Of course, if you don’t like it later I bet someone would buy it from you for the same or more once it’s just cleaned up.
Mine was a total barnyard pile so it’s still rough, but it gets even more attention than the roadster when they’re out…-Chris, in Boulder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9C33D93D-FFEB-4300-BCA5-4BB95862412E.jpg (54.7 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by the cooch; 03-20-2023 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Spell check!
the cooch is online now   Reply With Quote