View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
MrTube

Default Re: NOT "A" old houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmindling View Post
Mr. Tube,

We have been working on our old house in rural Washington County, Ohio, for several years. We also wanted to get the build date for the house and tracked down a number of things that didn't provide the data. In the end, it was the tax records that gave up the date. Between 1891 and 1892, the tax assessment for this property jumped, pretty obviously for a new house. The style, details and trim of the house also correspond to that date.

Other paths we tried were chain of title (didn't go back far enough, although for a heft fee it coudld be investigated) and there were no building permits or zoning amendments required in the 1890's in this part of Appalachia. The property tax records, however, were very complete.

The colors you see on our house are six different colors from a Victorian paint book. .

Good luck in your search,

Regards,

Martin Mindling [email protected]
\

Hi Martin,

You have a beautiful house!

Our house is a mint green color aluminum siding with dark green on the foundation. Oddly enough when I drilled through the siding to install my gas line and water heater the clap board I got out was the same exact color. I also could not find any other colors in the layers of paint.

There are also dark green shutters in my attic which I guess at one time were on all of the windows.
MrTube is offline   Reply With Quote