View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 10:29 AM   #9
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: SBF tri-power woes - smoking like a chimney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefeingold View Post

Final post (I think).

The issue is that when setting up and tuning the carbs I dumped a ton of gas into the manifold that, of course, made its way into the crankcase, thereby diluting the oil. The exhaust system thereby got a good internal coating and dose of diluted oil. New oil and filter is on, and the carbs tuned properly; no more gas leaks. The engine runs perfectly, now. However, I've got a few miles to go before I burn all the diluted fuel out of the exhaust system, and that's the root source of the stinky smoke I'm emitting. No smoke till the engine warms up, and as the exhaust system gets hot, it begins to blow smoke like a smoke bomb. Let it cool off, and there's no smoke till the exhaust heats up again. That's it.
!!! GOOD DIAGNOSIS !!!

I was going to suggest once running correctly to pull the dipstick and give it the sniff test. The same principle applies to late models that have O2 SENSORS on them. Diluted oil throws everything off.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote