View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #22
Matts30coupe

Default Re: Exhaust port crack.... need help!

Thank you to you all that replied, here is my situation. I planned on investing a couple bucks into this motor with cam, head, intake, carb etc, to warm it up a bit. I had a gut feeling do to the antifreeze in my exhaust header that there was a problem... So in a sense this is a blessing in disguise... Id love to find a good motor somewhat local to build. I rather not stress this one out anymore, to me I only see some of these other cracks spreading to areas that will be unable to be stitched.

I am goin to try an experiment, I guess it will be informative for all of us! I picked up a jar of this JB High Temp paste. I etched the surface and applied the product. it says it hold to 2400degs. So ill give it a couple days, blend it in the the cast and resemble the motor back to its stock forum. I will them run the motor on an off for maybe a couple hours and pull of the exhaust manifold and inspect the area.

If it is good then reassemble and run it to inspect it down the road, if its bad then i will be looking for a good A block to build up. Or who knows.... id like to have a car to putt around this cruise night season..

I will keep you all informed with the turnout, thank you to all that replied.

Matt

Last edited by Matts30coupe; 01-26-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Matts30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)