View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #115
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Ken, everyone, thanks for info, it was a great day in the Neighborhood as Mr. Rogers would say. Went to friends house/garage this morning and picked up a lathe that I traded for over a year ago, it is now at my garage.
Next went to unload lathe and big rain storm came and I went in garage to check on my gas fill tube pipe. I cut up an old inner tube yesterday and took a hose clamp and made a sock around fill tube and filled with motor oil and PB blaster (did not have any automatic transmission fluid). Removed the inner tube and wiped off oil and tried my spanner wrench, just a little hammer action and it was loose, GREAT!!! Next I found that the fill tube would not come out. Next removed the gas gauge wire, the three bolts from tank ( lost some skin on those ). Next moved tank to passenger side and got fill tube out, double GREAT. Last but not least I found just the right spot and tank came right OUT!! Soaked in sweat and Pennsylvania dirt I went home, now to find a radiator shop to clean the fill tube and tank, I will seal with a POR product, again thanks for info, BJ
lathe for my use

39 tank and fill tube, looks like minor rust and dirt,

side view of tank and filler tube
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote