Thread: 35 Fan Belt
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
jfcrash

Default Re: 35 Fan Belt

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
After checking other forums, there does not seem to be a consistent condenses as to what is the best replacement for the original fan belt would be…many different belts have been mentioned that worked for them.

I borrowed a generic NAPA B54 from a friend, it fits around all 4 pulleys but does not have much sidewall pulley contact as Tom mentions above…It has an OS circumference of 57.5” and an IS Cir of 54.5”, top is 5/8” wide and not sure what it’s angle would be.

Drove to Mac’s and purchased their 40-8260-S, the tech guy said theirs has a cir of 55’ measured half way between the OS and IS circumference, 5/8” wide at the top and an angle of 37 degr…it is to small. I even tried to tilt the generator forward on its mounting stud, and then attempted to tighten the big nut to get the generator back in place, but its to tight and obviously would have no slack on the belt even if I got the generator back in place. I did measure its OC to be 56.5” and its IS Cir to be 53.5”..both less than the B54.

Both NAPA and Car Quest each have their own belt called out for the 35 Ford application, but both are ¾” wide at the top and may sit out of the pulley to high??.

At this point, I plan to go with a new B54 , but still open to comments/info…

Thanks your comments,
Jim

I couldn't repair the brakes, so I adjusted the horn louder....
jfcrash is offline   Reply With Quote