View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 07:15 PM   #18
wrndln

Default Re: howells sheet metal

Real funny Tom! I have expressed my attitude about Howell's many times here on Fordbarn. Lets just say that if Howell's were the last company on earth, I still wouldn't buy anything from them. They deserve the F rating for customer service and the poor quality of most of their items from the BBB. The most pathetic item I bought from Bratton's unfortunately without asking who made it, was the stiffening channel that clamps together the upper and lower rear panels of a 28/29 CCPU. It was $10 and not worth even close to that price. It was formed terribly wrong and was made out of 3 or 4 gauges of thinner metal than the original. Bratton's, with my urging, decided to have the correct stiffener made. Bratton's sent me one and it was perfect in every way. I have recently found that Ahooga Reproduction Parts in Ohio (they were at the MARC meet in French Lick this year) are making a lot of patch panel and other model A items (mostly sheetmetal parts) and all or nearly all are die stamped, not roll formed like the crappy Howell's parts.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is online now   Reply With Quote