View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: What correct screws and/or fasteners are needed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Headlamp focus screws. Originals had a head one wire size larger with a much thinner edge between the oval top and the countersink. They fit the indent in the shell perfectly. You can spot the current repops a mile away. It would be nice if the 28-29's were Watts Nickel plate and the 30-31's Allegheny. Making them the correct length would help, too. And try making the springs to print!

Yes Mike, you are correct on those. I probably won't try to do the springs as I am only going to make a small run with a CNC lathe. Not sure how to do the slot though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badpuppy View Post
I noticed the original #12-24 screws used on cowl, floorboard, rumble and radiator areas are tapered threads, raven finish (I guess). I ordered a set for the cowl since it was missing a couple. The repops have smaller, thicker heads (cheaper steel) and square ends, powder coat. Original screw heads are fully 3/8" dia. and thinner (higher grade). The "shakeproof" washers (ISLW) provided are also smaller and don't fit well.

True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post
Marco's site shows that the original floorboard washers were not like the ones being sold today.

Yes. I probably won't do those simply because you would need a stamping machine and dies.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote