View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default What correct screws and/or fasteners are needed?

For those who are trying to restore with semi-authentic fasteners, what are the ones that we know are not being manufactured at the moment?

With the uncertainty of what is going to happen to Roy's business, I am trying to look ahead to places I can source some of the more popular items. After speaking with a couple of vendors, it seems there are many that are manufacturing a piece here and there, and some have said they are getting low on inventory and probably won't have another run made. When comparing prices of restoring fasteners to having them manufactured, it appears the cost may be a little less to have them made.

For example, I would like to have a small run of Nickel-plated brass instrument panel screws with the correct sized head made. Doc had a run of those made a year or so before he passed and I purchased several sets from him but I am out of those. The same for Nickel-plated Dash Rail screws and Stanchion screws. I realize these are available in stainless but I am looking for something a tad more authentic-looking. I would like to also find a source for authentic looking Nickel-plated interior screws in the proper sizes.

Matter of fact, it might be nice to compile a list of the most common fasteners and who presently is manufacturing/supplying the correct thick head Raven, Unfinished bolts, nuts & washers, and Nickel-plated interior fasteners, -and which ones are needed that aren't being made.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote