View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #63
alexiskai

Default Re: Dumbest Reproduction Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSsssteamer View Post
In 1972, after buying a $12 fire wall mounted sediment bowl that wouldn't seal at the tubing flares because of a shifted mold, and after buying a genuine A roadster front seat upholstery that was none returnable (it looked like a hot stamped vinyl rain coat) for $79 from Rick's, I mentioned it at our Bellingham Antique Auto Restorers Club meeting about how bad a rip off that Rick's parts really were. My report accidentally went down in the meeting minutes and they were printed up in our monthly club bulletin, The Spokesman. One of our members, who also was also on a rant about Rick's parts, sent Rick's our Bulletin as a testimony of how bad Rick's parts really were. Rick call me one evening and chewed on my butt for saying such bad things about his business... I threw the sediment bowl into my scrap barrel. The hot stamped seat covers I gave away to a member that had a rat rod type of a model A roadster, and he wouldn't even use them either. I am still pissed off at Rick's.
Had to bring this thread back because I'm watching Hagerty's new YouTube series, in which a guy is doing some basic repairs on his dad's '30 coupe, and what should appear but a Rick's spindle bolt kit from 1972. We'll see if it works!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 11.54.53 AM.jpg (10.6 KB, 78 views)
alexiskai is offline   Reply With Quote