View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 03:07 AM   #65
Brad in Germany

Default Re: Model A Town Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Johnson View Post
One of the three Town Car that Terry is working on is mine. Since it was hidden in a barn in Denmark in 1987 it was not included in the 1987 article. Some of the owners of Model A Town Cars tend to not want to advertise their ownership. As a general rule I do not share information about other Town Cars unless I have permission from the owners. I know of the whereabouts of most of the know Model A Town Cars. My count is around 25. However a few of those did not start out as Town Cars. Most of the "reproductions" are fairly easily identified by a trained eye. However I know of one that would fool almost everyone.

There has been many changes in ownership since the 1987 article. There is a chance that there may be an update article sometime soon (no promises).

Bob Johnson
Bob: Is this your car by chance? This is a photo from the February 1931 issue of The Ford Times from the UK:

Odd the '28-'29 cowl and cowl lights, yet '30-'31 wheels, fenders, steering wheel(?) and headlights, and no bumpers. .....and not sure what is going on with the driver's compartment roof? Looks like they lowered the windshield height (looking at the top front door hinge) and/or removed that horizontal bar normally above the windshield.

Maybe it is a '29 body on a '30-'31 chassis? Could the body have been shipped from the US and then assembled on the '30 chassis in Denmark?

Brad in Maryand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fullsizeoutput_342a.jpg (89.8 KB, 275 views)
Brad in Germany is offline   Reply With Quote