Thread: movie star
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 01:46 PM   #10
Aarongriffey

Default Re: movie star

I’ve had cars in 5 movies.
The going rate the last 10 years is $350 a day.
One movie used three of my cars each day for a couple of days. That’s $1,050 a Day!
The cars were parked on a street on a side hill one day and filmed as Joquin Phoenix walked by them in the movie The Masters.
When we did the movie Valley of the Heart’s Delight a spectator keyed the side of a ‘29 Maxwell. The movie company coughed up $5,000 to repaint the car.
One night (same movie)they were gonna film a ‘32 model B pickup that wouldn’t start. The gas tank had a bunch of tiny green beads in it. The fuel pump was jammed with them.
I drained the gas tank and they had a cop that was with us for security drive me about 10 miles to where I worked and I got an electric fuel pump and some jumper wires and got the pickup running.
Then when it got dark they noticed the leading star’s model A roadster had one headlight burned out.
So the cop drove me back to where I worked again and I grabbed three headlight bulbs out of the seven model A cars my boss had sitting in a row.
The movie company gave me an extra $250 for those two repair jobs on top of the $300 a day we were getting at that time for one car I had that was also filmed that night as it chased the B pickup.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote