View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
Kilohertz

Default Re: Help decipher GM distributor vacuum canister numbers

Thanks Charlie,

Nice to hear from one of the very well respected people on this group. I have read many, many pages of info about advance and these Delco distributors...I have 2 prime candidates, both early 70's as they seem to have the least amount of mechanical advance. First one is 1112047 which is from a '72 350 truck, max mechanical of 18* crank, which I think it pretty close. Could probably fiddle with the rubber bushing on the pin to get a bit more, maybe up to 20-22*. I just found another one yesterday, 1112844, '74 Nova etc. but I can't find any info on it yet, and there are no stamped numbers on the weight base. That one came with a 14* canister which is the lowest I have found yet, going to test with my vacuum pump today, but would be nice to find original specs for it as well. It's stamped 502 14.

My ultimate goal for this engine will be dual 94 carbs, or a single 4 bbl depending on what I can find, aluminum heads of 7.5 or 8:1, possibly a new cam...that's about it. I want to get it running nicely before any serious modifications so I know I have a good baseline to work from.

The truck is a long way from being able to drive so I won't be able to road test/tune...I am just having fun right now playing with the engine.

All of the NAPA units are special order from our local dealer, I'll decide once I get a little more experimenting under my belt.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

PS my manifold vacuum at idle is currently 16-17"Hg

Last edited by Kilohertz; 01-12-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Kilohertz is offline   Reply With Quote