View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Best repo ring and pinion?

I just put one together and it's been hectic! First off, They are NOT Mark gears as they once were. They are some Italian gear company that sells thru the Motive Power company. In fairness, I can't find a thing wrong with them. But are Italian steels up to the job? I don't know! I received the R and P in a box marked "Motive Power Co", a US company.I went online to see just who and what they were and they make gear sets for just about everything, even some Russian stuff. But inexplicitly, Not Model A. When I wrote about this, One of the vendors (Happened to be the one I bought it from) chimed in with a dissertation about prices and availability. So where did Motive Power get the gears to repackage and ship to me? Italy! And the price? Curiously I found that most of the gear sets were priced less (About 60 to 80 % of the Vendor's price) It gets curiousurer ! I started looking at more vendors and found that they offer 4 sets, 3.78 3.54 3.27, and 4.11. Three of the four state they were made in the USA, and one avoid the issue entirely. 3.54 is one that avoided the issue. So what have I got? I will let you know! Errata! I used the name "Motive Power," The correct name seems to be "Motive Gears". I thew the box out and was working with my memory and it doesn't work so great any more.
Terry

Last edited by Terry, NJ; 08-22-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote