Thread: Oil Filter
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #8
B0B

Default Re: Oil Filter

I bought a "remote filter kit sold for hot rods etc. " It cost $24.95 I got it on Ebay ...I bolted it to the flange that runs along the firewall using the existing bolts on the flange using a small piece of angle iron the filter is mounted by the fuel filter bowl it is upright and I can change it easy without spilling a drop of oil! ...I ran 3/8th inch heavy black fuel type hose down to the oil pump hole in the block using an adapter then removed the valve cover and drilled and tapped it for 1/8th inch pipe threads for another adapter this is where the output of the filter goes and it dumps into the front of the valve chamber ...I removed the return line from the filter stuck it in a cambells soup can and started the engine the can filled quickly so flow through the filter is fine ...I can also check it any time by holding my hand on the filter it gets hot indicating good flow ...I have had the filter on now for almost 2 years with no problems and have been changing the oil every 2000 miles ...The oil looks very clean even at 2000 miles and I am thinking of going to a 3000 mile oil change ...This filter IS NOT a full flow filter BUT every few minutes all the oil does go through the filter and gets cleaned ...Just in case I added an oil pressure gauge connected up at the filter input so I KNOW there is oil flow AND I know the oil pump etc. is working properly ... B0B in Michigan
B0B is offline   Reply With Quote