View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:54 AM   #26
Dodge

Default Re: Biggest scare in a Model A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I’ve had two in 53 yrs. of driving them. One was in my Model T Speedster driving down a two lane highway at about 45 miles an hour. On my right a girl in a Mustang pulled out of a driveway and way half way across the road when she saw me and stopped in the road.
Luckily she had pulled out her driveway far enough and it was wide enough I went right
behind her kind of cross ways into a field on their property. She even left the car in the road when she came over to check on me.

The second one was in my 1919 Cadillac. I was driving down a 4 lane road near our house
and was coming up to a traffic controlled intersection. There was a car in the left lane about
A car length ahead of me when a soccer Mom in her mini van came up behind him and
swerved over in to my lane just barely having enough room, you guessed it the light started
To turn Yellow, instead of going thru it she slammed on her brakes to stop.
I stopped that 4800 lb. car with rear wheel brakes about two inches off her rear end.
I was pretty pissed so I got out and took her keys out of the ignition and thru them over the fence and into the tennis court of the school there. Then I proceeded to ream her a new one.
I drove off and left her hunting for her keys.
I didn’t do much for old car public relations that day, but I felt better.
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote