View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
big job

Default Re: 1936 Overheating Problem

Horror story's many were ran past WWII imagine after the war the car was only 9 yrs old
the boys came back from service all were broke as well as farmers and such. My fathers
shop not only Ford but everything suffered from running hot. story's of everything form eggs sawdust yeast? was stuffed in the radiator along with Zerone alcohol which steamed
at about 160*. All I can say all our rebuilds the block goes to a builder and gets thermo
cleaned and it comes back pure cast iron. (thank heaven the builder is a mile away)
A air water back flush may help a little but I have found in the back of the block oh boy
with drill speedometer cable long wires the sludge is deep. I write in stone these ran fine
when new BUT in my case father bought new 50 F6 now its steaming burping and why
because he been dumping stop leak in the thing cause of top tank leaking. I bought new radiator but damage done block may have 30 lbs of stop leek . I just say, I rebuilt
my car 59AB thermo cleaned new every thing now I have cardboard infront of radiator.
Love car but wimpy heat. so I'm just saying clean block radiator ' problem solved sam

I am going for a VW gasoline heater ya six volts too..................
big job is offline   Reply With Quote