View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 08:20 AM   #32
LD-Ordie

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

After being home from my trip for a week, a little progress has been made. Trany is in for good, a new crossmember was fabricated for both the tail shaft and the emergency brake cable. A new driveline is being made, hoping it's done this week. My world class trany had the 5 degree tilt to it, but rather than go with the adapter at the bell housing , I made the crossmember the 5 degree. Came out OK.

Still having an issue with the shifter. It appears MDL and the outfit on Ebay are out of the plates for the Tremec T5. and any offset for the stick. Both say their fabricator in Orange Co. in southern Cal are lacking materials and could be a month or more. Could they both be using the same outfit? So, I bought one of the $30. short throw shifter's off Ebay just to be able to drive it while I figure it out. It came in and has the shifter stick spacing at 5/8" instead of 7/8" like normal and all the Hurst shifters. I had the opportunity to purchase a B&M Pro Ripper for the mustang T5. It was a new in box. Took a chance and bought it as these are no longer being made. Looking at the pictures, can't really tell what the spacing is on the shifter. It comes with the 2" S piece like the guy mentioned above in his 56. Can't find any real info on this so I guess i'll find out when it get's here. Looking at all the outfits making sticks, there is not a lot of options for the 5/8' shifter. I supposed a offset adapter could be machined if necessary. Making progress, but everything seems to be a challenge. At least got my welder fixed and the air pumps repaired on the traveling jacks on my lift.

If anyone has any information on shifters sticks with the 5/8" bolt pattern, it would be appreciated. Anything that looked like it could be says in the description, standard bolt pattern..... Yeah, OK. I have reached out to all I could find for clarification
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0267.JPG (140.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0268.JPG (139.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0246.JPG (134.7 KB, 16 views)
LD-Ordie is offline   Reply With Quote