Thread: 4 post lift
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 11:02 AM   #20
Roger V

Default Re: 4 post lift

Several years ago I checked this out. Ended up with a Autolifter (since under another name) four post. Made in the USA and was certified vs. most then were just "approved" by a marketing association. While I had the floor in that bay poured six inches thick I thought the four post safest and take care of my needs. The movable jack bridge took care of most things. This lift is movable which I've done though not frequently. The MAIN thing to check on a four post is how the cross beams attach to the posts. IMO they need to be around the post NOT inside a slot in the post. If in a slot I would definitely anchor to the floor. I've seen pics of that type collapsing. A two post has some advantages and requires special extensions for a Model A to clear the running boards. Have seen some lifting under the radius arms! A friend's co-worker dumped a car when he removed a rear-end because he didn't think about putting it out of balance. So, I have a four post.

BTW, I brought it home on my open car hauler. Went to the trucking terminal so I had a dock to back up to as there's no way to unload off a semi at home. They loaded on with a fork truck with long forks and chains. I unloaded in my garage with a cherry picker on one end and chain fall on the front side of the trailer (1700 lbs.) Assembled by myself with the cherry picker. The one exception was needing my wife to keep the main runners from moving while positioning. Took 3 to 4 hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lift.jpg (58.8 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by Roger V; 02-12-2021 at 07:53 PM.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote