View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #5
Will D

Default Re: PCV valve placement C59A

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post

Hey Will....I have one of those Canadian manifolds, NOS. I like them for a couple of reasons. They're aluminum, and I like that oil-fill port toward the front.

Here's what I think I would do. Attempt to find a 'male' threaded PCV valve that will thread into that threaded vacuum hole just below the carb mounting surface. Hopefully you'll be able to find one with a 3/8" barb-type tube on the other end. I would drill and tap that "WHITE ARROW" pad and tap for 1/4" NPT. Thread-into that hole a 3/8" compression x 1/4" NPT - manifold fitting. From that fitting, you can run and bend a piece of 3/8" copper tubing using a ferrule, to the barbed fitting below the carburetor with a short (1-1/4" or so) piece of rubber tubing. It will end-up very clean looking, somewhat SIMILAR to the PCV Valve set-up we just did on an 8BA (which breathes somewhat differently than your early set-up. Our PCV valve is hidden just inside that rear vent/fill tube which keeps it hidden, yet easily serviceable without removing the manifold.

And yes, I would block-off that rear vent, and have fresh air enter through that front fill tube. You want the fresh air charge to travel essentially the full length of the crankcase, hopefully voiding the entire crankcase of yucky stuff rather than just a quick U-turn at one end. Just remember....what the hell do I know? DD

A link to our 8BA project if you're interested, below!

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284487

Our recent set-up....example picture!

Nice looking setup Coop.

I am still running the mechanical fuel pump. I was going to seal off that breather and run a tube from the air filter into it. Are you suggesting to block the breather over the pump and I could run the tube from the air filter to the front oil fill tube? So the incoming air is filtered.

My worry with setting it up like I showed in the last pic was the air would flow in and back directly thru the pcv instead of flowing all the way down and circulating thru the crankcase before flowing back up thru the pcv.
Will D is offline   Reply With Quote