View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #23
Seth Swoboda

Default Re: Are Mustangs still collectible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hop up View Post
Early mustangs are awesome and raced and played with them as a youth. As said up grading them from a 6cy to a v8 requires many upgrades. The biggest is the brakes,springs and hubs as the 6 cy was a 4 lug . I would just hop up what you have with speed equipment. A good set of heads ,cam and a intake will wake that 289 up. I am assuming you have a c code 289 motor or maybe a A code 231hp . The K code motor would make it a valuable car and fun to drive with the solid cam and 271 HP. Those improvement on your C code would liven her up and a Paxton blower would do it as well.
While it maybe true there is no replacement for displacement and Fear starts with FE.
I'm picking up a nice 351W soon from a guy who is giving it to me. It's an early 1970's 351. I installed an aluminum 4 barrel intake, 4 barrel carburetor and long tube headers with dual exhaust years ago on my 289 C code.

I'm going to do the front power disc brake upgrade this fall. Someday I'll build that 351 as a nice warmed up street engine and install it. I'm having too much fun with this car and I supposed I'll just continue to drive and build to suit my fancy. It's not a rare model so there's not much to lose in upgrading it.
Seth Swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote