View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:23 PM   #10
ALmotoman

Default Re: Airtex E8902 Debacle

Airtex E8905 Debacle update #1. Took the fuel pump out from under the car to test if it was sucking and pushing properly. Had the inlet (fuel filter end) hose in a container of fuel (representing the fuel tank) and the outlet (pump end) hose in an empty container (representing the carb). No sucking, no flow, just a lot of bubbles in the container of fuel. I suspected the pump was working in reverse, so flipped it around backasswards and wella…….sucked and blew like a champ. The fuel filter was either installed on the wrong end of the pump at the factory, or the pump motor is running backwards. How’s that for quality control? To reiterate, I simply turned the pump/filter around backwards (contrary to the official printed instructions and picture) and it works great. Will talk to the technical support rep tomorrow and see what he says. I can move the fuel filter to the opposite end of the pump and all should be well. I don’t really want to wait on a new one, which may not even be offered. I paid $33 for this rig delivered to my front door, so it’s not a huge investment. I would just like to hook it up, have it work properly and be done with it. I’ll let you know how this works out.

Once I’m using it to prime the carb, will the pump stop on it’s own when the fuel line to the carb is full and then I can turn the toggle switch off, or will it be a guess on my part? I thought that I’ve read on this forum that you have to listen for the pump to stop working and then turn it off.

Thanks for everyone’s comments.
ALmotoman is offline   Reply With Quote