View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 09:55 AM   #15
Russell Reay

Default Re: What books on the A for a newbie?

I, too, am a newbie, and had the same question--what books to have. I am not new to vehicle reconstruction having built a ground up 57 Chevy pickup 15 years ago. On the theory that more information is better than too little, I bought How to Restore the Model A Ford, Model A Ford Restoration Handbook, and The Complete Model A Ford Restoration Manual They all have good information, but they all include a lot of story mixed in with the technical stuff. Some of them have great detail about a specific issue on a specific car, but if yours is different you have to guess if the recommendations apply to yours. A major flaw is none of them have an index. Unless you line the pages with your own sticky tabs, be prepared to do a lot of re-reading until you find what you are looking for. I guess I don't regret buying any of them, because they have a lot of history you would not have in a purely technical manual, but I am disappointed for what they lack. If your car is a project, bookmark this website, and use it frequently.
Russell Reay is offline   Reply With Quote