View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #13
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Offenhauser 400 Heads Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
RE: Prices . . . yes, it is completely different on the prices of Offy's versus Eddy's heads. It seems the Offy guys need to charge a lot more than in the past - probably to justify the production run sizes and costs (but who knows). I will say, for the price, I'll stick with Edelbrock as they have excellent foundry/castings and are a good product for the price. Long gone are the days of $450 - $500 heads . . . and that was a few short years ago.

One challenge at the moment is that most folks are OUT of stock on the Eddy heads (including Edelbrock's own website) - so maybe it is a "supply and demand" issue?

Also, I did like the original "as-cast" chambers in the Edelbrock heads - better than the ones they produce today with the CNC valve pockets (that are deeper than they need to be).
I think they've caught up. My buddy had a Slingshot "on hold" for approximately 6 mons. It just showed up two weeks ago, so I think what ever issue they had, they've corrected.

I do want to get a set of block letter Eddy's just to have in stock.

I do remember reading the COVID really hit Offy's business really hard and they needed to raise their prices in order to keep going.

Last edited by Tim Ayers; 11-22-2020 at 12:36 PM.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote