View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #14
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Bone Stock or Modified?

The only thing that baffles me about why someone wants a detailed points restoration or someone wants a heavily modified car that is nearly unrecognizable (and of course everything in between) is why does anyone care what someone else likes. Some people get their panties in bunch when they see a car that is not how THEY prefer them and will make disparaging remarks to ensure that the owner is aware of their disapproval. The car that I refer to as "stock" is not really since i added the second tail light and signals and recently tubular shocks. The only reason I went with the tubular is that the cost of good originals was prohibitive IMO. However, it has 19" bias plys, mechanical brakes, 6V, generator, rebuilt but stock engine. The reason I don't upgrade these things??, I want to experience what these cars were like. However, I also have two hot rodded with SBC's TH350trans, yeta yeta yeta blah blah blah also. I'm sure that a few reading this are shaking their head when reading that i run bias ply tires and mechanical brakes thinking that this is unsafe. I disagree. I know that there are others whos blood pressure spiked when they read "SBC". I don't care. I do what I like with MY cars and when someone has a car with features that i DON'T like, it doesn't matter because it's not MY car. If it makes the owner happy, awesome. If it is well done, i will comment as such but refrain from commenting on "taste" as that is a personal thing. If you wouldn't tell a stranger that you think his wife should lose weight or change her hair colour, don't tell them that they should run a banger or 16" wheels on their model A. JMO.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote