View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #933
Jim Brierley

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Woofa, We live about 8 miles East of town, in wine country. We bought our 2.5 acres in 1985, population then was about 15,000, a small town for SoCal. There were 4 wineries, now there are 105,000 people and over 40 wineries. the good part today is we live in the county at the end of a dirt road with 14 neighbors, all are very friendly and more than willing to help each other. I maintained the road for several years, now there is another neighbor that helps with that. We have annual neighborhood Christmas parties, at different neighbor's homes. Only 1 other car-guy in the hood, he and his son's family live next to each other. The son races, mom has a '28 Auburn boat-tailed speedster that has been in her family since 1935. Dad has a Model A roadster, Cragar powered. I had a couple of guys over a few days ago, they took some of my stuff to a shed on our property. My neighbor nearest to that shed called me to tell me there were guys in my shed! The biggest man-made reservoir in CA is about 20 miles East of here, another reservoir/recreation lake is just over a mile from our place. My wife designed our home, it looks a bit like a barn, bottom half is garage and shop, upper is our home. One can drive either to the house level or the garage level, I couldn't be happier!
Jim Brierley is offline   Reply With Quote