View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
rotorwrench

Default Re: Houston....We have a problem

About all I can say is that the side or vertical components should fit with the vertical body panel when placed in proper location. If they don't fit well with the body then the wood vertical members would be suspect or at least some part of them. The horizontal members that tie them together are part of the fit too.

If the vertical and interconnecting horizontal members do fit well with the large rear body panels then the sill and floor members could be suspect. I tend to trust original members like you but it has been a long time since the original manufacture. It's hard to verify if they are original or not at this stage of the game.

Most wood kits require fit and finish adjustments but they are generally in the ball park for fit with minor adjustments to get it all where it has to be to work. A person always wonders whether a member is a little bit long or short. A little bit long can be managed but a little bit short, not so much. Those wood kits ain't cheap but a person has to verify where the ill fitment exists before going back to the fabricator of the wood products. Some may still be correct while others may not. You definitely have a puzzle there. I just hope there are a few other experienced folks that can help you more with this.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote