View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
skip
Banned

Default Re: Confessions of a Model A Modifier – Model A Upgrades?

#1~I use the 'Air Maze' air filter can without a paper or foam filter. I do encircle the can with a 1/16" or so wire mesh to keep the light rocks from being drawn in. And bees or other exoskeleton bugs from holding my butterfly open, as happened on my 1875 cc VW Dune Buggy carb.

#2~For the guy following me, not the entire LED rear plastic lens amber over red brake lite, but rather the adapter and halogen lamp. That way I can keep my glass. Brighter in the daylight is better. Especially with one side only lit. I do have an alt. but don't need it.

#3~No pop-out and a modern point set on the upper plate.

Those would be my three picks. Oh and seat belts for when the doors swing open!

Nothing else needed. As to 'Higher Energy Fuels'...???

· Downsizing my carburetor jets – my theory was that with modern higher energy content fuels the original jet sizes are sized too large. I undersized my jets by two drill sizes each and I know I get better way gas mileage than others (prior to the overdrive), although I haven’t actually measured it - I just compare tank fill amount with others when we gas up on tour. Further adjusting the GAV actually makes a difference. What do you think - I must be crazy and my engine is going to blow up?

30Tudor; Wait! Here Is What Fuel Was In 1918...About the same BTU's as today. So why change the jets? From the Gas Motor by Max Kushlan, 2nd. Edition, 1918. The Branch Publishing Co. Chicago

About180,000 btu/gallon

skip.

Last edited by skip; 07-01-2010 at 10:13 PM.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote