View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #20
Scavenger One

Default Re: A forgotten in plain site 1936 Model 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model51 View Post
A couple observations from your pictures. Your truck looks to be fairly original which is good and might be a 157" frame. The other size is 131 1/2". I'm not sure what the extra levers to the right of the hand brake originally were for. Typically, a 157" wheel base truck did not have a dump body, those were found on 131 1/2" models mostly. The script bed on back is a great thing to have. The two front side panels are originals as they came with all Model 51 stake trucks (1935 and 1936 trucks are the same model). It sure looks like a former demonstrator truck which was essentially a yellow truck with blue accents (fenders, belt rail on cab, etc.). I have a set of photos of a really nice original demonstrator which you can use for patterns once the day comes when you want to paint it. Look forward to hearing more. Also, I can come to your place and look over your truck and answer questions that way too.
Yes, it is a 157" and it is a Dump. Is it original to the truck or was it added on later, I do not know. I will say that there are two "I" beams that have been Bolted/welded onto the underside of the bed possibly for support when it raised.
You are more than welcome to come by. I would love to hear your opinions and advice. I am actually just west of Manassas ( less than a mile off 28) super easy to find. We will have to get in touch and get together soon.

"Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!" Everett Ulysses McGill
Scavenger One is offline   Reply With Quote