View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #12
old31

Default Re: Tacoma Cream Powder Coating - getting close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyv View Post
I’m putting on A set of 19 inch wheels on my 31 roadster and had been looking for someone to powder coat them in Tacoma cream. There are businesses to powder coat, but I couldn’t find anyone in San Diego that had that color. I had been calling “Model A Wheel Colors” coating in Seattle and always received a voicemail, which was filled up, so it was impossible to leave a message. I contacted ‘Powder by the pound’ ( https://www.powderbuythepound.com )in Tennessee. I told the pleasant women in customer service there that I was restoring a Model A Ford and I need a particular color powder coat. I asked if they could supply a specific Model A color for me. She asked “like Tacoma Cream?”! Apparently someone had already ordered that color from them, and they had the formula required to make it. I ordered it from them. I was told I should have it in 2 weeks. I’ll let you know how their service is, and how accurate the color is when the wheels powder coated.. So far so good. Passing it on if others need a powder coat supplier for similar reasons.
I have bought tacoma creme through powder by the pound and they are great to work with. The color match was perfect.

I first tried model a wheels but gave up on them. This was about a year ago.
old31 is offline   Reply With Quote