View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 07:31 AM   #25
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Request for AC guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalAl View Post
Hi Keith, I guess that would depend on the driver, location, and ability to handle the heat without getting heat stroke. I love the hobby and the people involved in the hobby so AC is a way for me to stay with the Model A group. I have been involved with several car clubs and the "A People" are by far the friendliest, most willing to share information, understand needs of others and are always willing to help. But like anything else.... there is always one
The irony in this is, when you compare the demographics of Model-A people to Model-T people, the T people that I see on tours seems to be the same age, -or even a tad older than the Model-A people, ...and I just don't remember the last time that I saw a Model-T on a tour equipped with Air Conditioning.

FWIW, the two hottest antique car tours that I have been on was the MTFCI Meet in Rochester, MN, ...and the joint meet held in Dallas. If I recall correctly, the heat index for the Rochester meet was like 112°. I don't know about Dallas but it was hot as 'Hades' there too. The difference that I remember is on the Rochester tour, a bunch of old people drove approximately 100 miles each day without A/C.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote