View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 33 Phaeton questions from Sri Lanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceejay View Post
Oh dear !! This means someone actually went to the trouble of sourcing later 16" Ford wheels and installing them on my 33 !! So they could have. Hanged anything else too.

Does anyone make new wire wheels for the 33/34 Ford ?

Iv seen new wheels almost identical to the stock 33 ford wheel. I think wheelvintiques does them is different sizes.
Is that the closes thing one can get to new wheels ?
I don't think anyone reproduces the 17 inch wheels but with all of the cars becoming street rods there is a large supply of good wheels at a reasonable cost in the US. I assume you car would use the same wheel as the US built but THAT IS AN ASSUMPTION AND I AM NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT 1933 LHD CARS. Shipping is another problem. I recently sold to a person from New Zealand. He had a shipping company that collected parts for him in Los Angeles and, I assume, shipped when the container was full. The company he used was Main Freight, the contact he used was Annie Stewart, 562 295-1350. I don't know if this service was based on a personal friendship or it was something they did on a regular basis. From my end everything went great and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 11-02-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote