View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 03:58 AM   #35
Fairlane500

Default Re: 55 Thunderbird Gears in 39 Trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrain View Post
At '82 years old, over the last (3) years, Jim Perkins has endured the replacement of both knees, and a few nagging health issues. He is currently living in his home, having a number of friends that offer assistance. He drives himself everyday for his errands and needs. He has been a long standing advertiser in Hemmings. (Jim's Trans.-Tulsa, Okla.) Currently, he prefers to deal with local customers only.
About the T-Bird gears/'39 trans mods. I understood Jim's thoughts.
Jim had NOS '56 T-Bird, 3-speed gearsets. I said "lets do it". I am driving this sweet trans in my "orphan looking", 21-stud '35 Ford, 5 w. rumble seat coupe. I don't feel free in talking about the machine work , parts numbers, or specific measurements. That info is Jim's, not mine.
Nationwide, people know Jim. For those that are interested, he is currently featured in The Rodder's Journal "Scrapbook". Go to Chapter #10, pages 178-197. Read about the experiences of Jim Perkins, Homer Ward, and Art Maimbourg. All are still with us, representing a wealth of Early V-8 Ford knowledge, that we should be lucking to have ourselves.

Steve Crain
That's great that your evidence of it being done and successfully, I respect your thoughts on Jims Intellectual Property, but it would be great to pass the torch too! If Jim is ok with it I would like to know how and what he did to achieve it! Regards, JG