Thread: Garage Hoist
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 09:44 AM   #21
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Garage Hoist

I have an asymmetrical 2 post bend pak (10,000 lb). Like was mentioned, 2 and 4 post each have their pros and cons. My brother has 2-4 post bend paks. The advantage of the 2 post is that you don't need extra jacks to do wheel/tire/brake work and you can use it to lift off car bodies (no so much with model A's though). The disadvantage is that it can be a tight fit getting in and out of the car as the post is often pretty close to the door. 2 post takes less room also. A 4 post is easier to just drive onto, like was mentioned you can roll it around (out of the way when not in use) and is great for working/wiring under the dash. Just lift to a comfortable height reach up under the dash. You don't need to be a contortionist. Ideally, I would like to have one of each. One disadvantage of my 2 post for model A's is that I installed it in the wide configuration to give me more room to open doors and such and being asymmetrical, the from arms are pretty short and with the narrow frames of the model A I have to be EXACTLY entered for the two front arms to reach the frame rails. That can be a PITA. It's also a pain that I have to set the arms as opposed to just driving on. However, for me, I would still take the 2 post over the 4 post but I sure would like one of each. BTW, I also use mine for lifting my SXS, my snowmobile, and I use it to do tires and wiring on trailers. Just back the trailer up, life the back with the rear two arms and leave the trailer hooked to the tow vehicle. I also hang parts on it for painting and my brother has hung deer and such from his.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote