Thread: Club Thinning
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 01:32 PM   #34
dumb person

Default Re: Club Thinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100IH View Post
........ Anything worth using likely is an estate sale and has been saved for 40 or 50 years and certain types in clubs will scoop it up before the widow gets home from the funeral and none of it will ever become available to the young new members.....

.......My driver that goes back to high school days needs the fuel tank leaks fixed and just recently lost the only place that could do the work at any price.
It is true that parts get hoarded, but all the good parts get sent to the crusher when the hoarder dies, so people like me have to make do with utter rejects.

As for your fuel tank, have you considered putting a more modern tank inside it with openings that are exactly at the fuel filler, gas gauge, and outlet points?

It should look the part & function just as well.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulletwagon View Post
Just one final thought. While the boys are spending countless unrecoverable hours playing computer games, the girls are moving out smartly.
A future source of club members may also be young ladies; and they will be welcomed.
Most people i know don't think they have a choice about the games. In a world that spits in your face & slashes your tired every day, games are their only refuge.

"I'm Convinced that no one really reads posts anymore; they just fabricate what they think the post says then ramble on about red herrings."--Bob
Outcasts rules of old cars
#1 Fun is imperative, mainstream is overrated
#2 If they think it is impossible, prove them wrong
#3 If the science says it impossible you are not being creative enough.
#4 No shame in recreating something you never had
#5 If it were not for the law & physics you would be unstoppable

Last edited by dumb person; 11-12-2019 at 02:24 PM. Reason: A thought i had while brushing my teeth.
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote